The Office of Foreign Assets Control Regulations (“OFAC”) of the U.S. Department of the Treasury:
The Office of Foreign Assets Control Regulations create requirements that govern all transactions with certain destinations. From trade embargoes to more targeted limitations, the OFAC regulations are an extensive body of law that can have a significant impact on entities in the U.S. and abroad, including businesses with foreign subsidiaries and branches that may be subject to foreign laws as well.
We Are Here to Help
We help clients to:
- Determine the applicability of the OFAC regulations to particular programs and transactions to attain full compliance
- Determine what licensing may be necessary to conduct such transactions while maintaining compliance with OFAC
- Apply for and obtain license authorizations to conduct activities otherwise prohibited by the OFAC regulations without violating compliance.
- Conduct reviews of mergers and acquisitions to assess potential liability under the OFAC regulations to ensure full compliance
- Respond to requests for information from OFAC concerning particular transactions and assessing their compliance
- Investigate potential OFAC violations
- Submit voluntary disclosures concerning OFAC matters to assure compliance